Hello. I am Dave McClure. Thank you for coming here. Now, in no particular order:
- The Weft is a collection of 50 of my poems. I hope you find some to your taste.
- I am not precious about copyright. You are very welcome to read them, copy them, quote them, link to them, distribute them. I only ask that you don't edit or misattribute them.
- If you want to comment, please do, using the email link in the footer of every page. I don't provide public comment boxes because they tend to attract spammers.
- The Weft is available in paperback and Kindle e-book formats. Full details here.
about the poems
- Most were written in this millennium.
- They are all works in progress as I reserve the right to tweak them as I see fit.
- Many, but not all, could be classed as "New Formalism" - 'formalism' because I like to write within the framework of formal structure, and 'new' because I favour modern natural diction over 'poetic' expression.
- The "I" of a poem is not necessarily me. For example, I am not a beached jellyfish, not even when I choose to write from the point of view of one such hapless invertebrate.